Self-Care and Side-Gigs
Self-Care and Side-Gigs
More than 13 million workers have more than one job, and many of these are side-gigs, which are often meant to eventually take the place of our full-time careers. But, this can cause lots of stress, and you may find yourself striving for success that you never reach if you don’t take care of yourself.
Lotys Shop does more than help you find great gear accessories. We care about your health too, and today’s tips are for our customers that wish to take better care of themselves as they launch their entrepreneurial endeavors.
What Is Self-Care?
Before we get into different ways you can take care of yourself, it’s probably a good idea to explain what self-care actually is. Contrary to what you might think, it does not necessarily mean indulging in unnecessary extras. Instead, self-care is made up of the things you do to keep yourself up and running. You can think of it as maintenance for your vehicle. You would not run your car without gas or oil. Your mind and body need similar attention, and we have lots of options to explore below.
- Maintain your medications. Whether you have a prescription for your mental health or physical condition, you can easily get your prescription online using a telehealth provider. Just because you’re busy does not mean that you shouldn’t see a doctor when you need your prescriptions refilled or need guidance on common health conditions. When you choose an online health provider, everything is handled electronically, and you may find options to save on both your wellness care and your prescription costs.
- Change jobs. Even though you’re likely on the path toward self-employment, if you’re miserable in your current career, you may be less motivated each day to prioritize your future income stream. There’s nothing wrong with changing jobs, even if you are late in your career. But, you’ll need a great resume that includes all of your skills and achievements. You’ll also need to make it in a shareable file – PDF is best – that you can also edit. You can use Microsoft Word to create your new resume, save it as a PDF, and make changes as you gain more experience in your side gig.
- Take a vacation. It’s not counterproductive to take a break, no matter what your current boss might say. When you’re trying to start your own business, it pays to get away so that you can clear your mind. Plan to spend a week away with those you love the most, which can also serve to remind you why, exactly, you work so hard in the first place.
- Don’t do it all yourself. Being an entrepreneur means carrying a heavier load than you’ve ever carried before. Share some of the stress by outsourcing some things, like advertising or social media management. The latter of these is especially important because, as Sprout Social explains, social media is one of the best ways to engage with your customers. It’s also where a huge percentage of consumers discover new products.
- Do something you love. Even though you shouldn’t necessarily handle all of your business tasks on your own, you should do something you love as your side job. If you haven’t already chosen your income-earning endeavor, start with your skills. Decide what you’re good at and what will help you build wealth according to your goals, whether that’s to earn money quickly or to build long-term passive income.
Working for yourself is hard. Going without self-care is even harder. Make a point to prioritize yourself for once so that you can be better at work, home, and at rest. By giving yourself permission to take care of yourself, you will be better able to take care of everything that needs your attention, and you’ll be a better entrepreneur for it.
Lotys Shop offers free international shipping. What are you waiting for?
Image via Pexels
Turn Healthy Habits Into a Hefty Paycheck Image via Pexels Are you a health maven with a knack for helping other people pursue their own wellness goals? If so, you might be the ideal candidate to open up your own gym, health food store, or personal trainer business. Getting started isn’t as challenging as you...
Profitable Small Business Ideas for Sports Lovers Image via Unsplash People will always love sports as a form of entertainment. It has always been and will continue to be a massive financial market for entrepreneurs. Whether you love a specific sport or many, starting a sports-related company could allow you to forge a fulfilling and...